- Representation of major oil and gas company in drafting and enacting legislation relating to royalty reporting. This legislation has become a model for states throughout the country.
- Representation of association of travel agents to modify franchise tax law to ensure travel agents are not adversely affected by new business tax.
- Representation of independent insurance agents in Texas related to drafting revisions to major insurance reform legislation to ensure a balance between consumer protection and the need to maintain a competitive insurance industry in Texas.
- Obtained financial relief for shrimp industry in Texas through legislation designed to help struggling industry.
- Representation of major financial company in drafting and enacting legislation that regulates wire transfers in Texas.
- Obtained exemption for Texas camps from law prohibiting use of certain vehicles in riverbeds.
- Representation of major oil and gas client in drafting and enacting legislation relating to taxation of fuels in Texas.
- Representation of client in drafting and enacting legislation that provided tax relief to homeowners whose property had been damaged due to natural disaster.
- Representation of freestanding emergency center in successful legislative effort to enact legislation setting standards for licensing.
- Obtained very favorable settlement for large restaurant chain facing penalties from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
- Representation of large financial company in obtaining favorable ruling from the Texas Attorney General’s office protecting valuable trade secret information.
- Representation of large vendor at airports in obtaining permits from Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
- Work on rule drafting for licensing of freestanding emergency health center by the Department of State Health Services.
- Create trade associations and assist with legislative and administrative policy.
- Participation in various commercial trial cases concerning oil and gas disputes and construction law.
- Preparation of Amicus brief on behalf of royalty owners, which was cited extensively in a landmark Texas Supreme Court ruling in favor of client’s position to protect the use of hydraulic practicing in Texas and to preserve the statute of limitations.
Professional Qualifications & Education
Beatty Bangle Strama P.C. (Shareholder 2006- Present)
McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, L.L.P. (Associate 1999-2005, Partner 2006)
The University of Houston Law Center, J.D. 1999
The University of Texas School of Law (1998-99)
Colorado College, B.A. 1995
Universidad de Pais Basco, 1993
Legislative Aide: Representative Craig Eiland, Texas House of Representatives (1999)
Admitted to Practice: Texas, 1999
Activities & Affliations
Austin Bar Association
Austin Young Lawyers Association
The University of Texas-Texas Invitational Mock Trial Team, Coach
Co-author, English-Only Rules in the Workplace in Texas, Texas Bar Journal (February 2001)
Co-author, Chapter 45 (Texas), Lobbying, PACs, and Campaign Finance 50 State Handbook, State Capital Law Firm Group, 2002 Edition