Business & Commercial Litigation
- Representation of clients with respect to the enforcement and defense of claims arising from partnership, shareholder and other corporate agreements.
- Representation of clients with respect to employment disputes including non-competition agreements, fiduciary obligations and claims by the Equal Opportunity Commission and the Department of Justice.
- Representation of clients with respect to the negotiation and performance of sales and purchase contracts.
- Representation of clients involving state and local government, open meetings laws, disclosure of public information and government process.
- Representation of clients involving technology licensing and copyright infringement.
- Representation of clients involving complex indemnification and insurance coverage matters.
- Representation of clients in litigation involving health care administration.
- Representation of major automobile and vehicle manufacturers in warranty disputes, deceptive trade practices and products liability claims.
- Representation of automobile manufacturers and dealers with respect to dealer relations.
- Representation of technology manufacturers with respect to warranty, products liability and indemnification issues in sale and distribution contracts.
- Representation of manufacturers in litigation risk management and assessment.
- Representation of clients regarding disputes involving scope of work, warranty, payment and delay claims in commercial construction projects.
- Representation of general contractors and subcontractors in construction defect disputes in commercial, residential and multi-family contexts.
- Representation of clients in construction contract negotiations.
- Mechanic’s liens.
- Insurance and indemnities.
- Representation of working interest owners involving joint operating agreement disputes with operators.
- Representation of parties to indemnity agreements involving “excess royalty” litigation.
- Representation of parties involving surface use disputes.
- Representation of clients involving the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission relating to licensing and enforcement;
- Representation of clients involving the Texas Motor Vehicle Division and the Texas Lemon Law.
- Representation of clients with insurance matters involving the Texas Department of Insurance.
- Representation of buyers and sellers of real property in disputes over “reps and warranties”.
- Representation of clients seeking and defending claims for specific performance.
- Representation of clients in commercial and residential leasing disputes and contract negotiations.
- Defense of automobile manufacturers in warranty disputes, deceptive trade practices, and products liability claims.
- Representation of clients in disputes relating to manufacturer and dealer relations.
- Representation of clients before the Texas Department of Transportation.
- Design, implementation and management of a national pre-litigation dispute resolution program for a major automobile manufacturer.
- Regulatory compliance.
- Special counsel for class-action litigation relating to diesel engines.
Professional Qualifications & Education
Texas Tech University, B.A. Finance 1993, cum laude
South Texas College of Law, JD 1997, with honors
South Texas Law Review
Moot Court National Champion of Oral Advocacy, University of Connecticut 1996
Finalist, First Amendment Forum Moot Court Competition, Vanderbilt University 1997
Repeat Intramural Mock Trial Champion
Order of Lytae
Order of Barristers
State Bar of Texas, 1997
United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals